You know how important it is to keep the inside of your home clean, but did you know the outside is just as important? If you look up at your roof, you may be surprised to find that there are all sorts of things up there, including algae, the green fuzzy stuff you see on your shingles.
If the debris on your roof starts blocking your gutters, not allowing the water to run off, it will eventually cause your roofing materials to rot. When your rooftop becomes damaged because of rotted shingles, it could cause your roofing system to become compromised and cause your roof to leak. In addition, if you live in an area where it rains frequently, you may notice the growth of mold, mildew, and algae.
The best way to keep your roof in good shape is to hire a reputable roof cleaning service. These professionals will not only clean your roof, but they will also inspect it and let you know any damage they found that needs to be repaired. If there is no damage, the professionals will start the cleaning process. For more information, please visit tampabayroofcleaningservices.com.
Cleaning Your Roof is Not a DIY Job
Sure, you may think you can save a few bucks if you rent a pressure washer and do it yourself, but this isn’t a good idea. There are many reasons why cleaning your roof should be left to a professional cleaning service. Below you’ll find a few of those reasons:
- Balancing on a roof is dangerous on its own, but trying to stay up there with a powerful, awkward powerwasher is more difficult and is nearly impossible if you’re inexperienced in roofing.
- Balancing on a ladder is also tricky, but it’s a bit easier if you’re not lugging around a power washer while spraying roof tiles. If you spray the shingles below, you can loosen the nails and staples. Those shingles are more likely to become loose and fly off during heavy winds and storms.
- You need skills and expertise in roof cleaning services to reach the dirt and debris between the cracks and shingles and the dark spots on the tiles. A professional power washing contractor will know the proper ways to clean around chimneys, vents, flashing, and other features on your roofing system.
- Using too much pressure on a rooftop can blow shingles right off the roof or cause them to become thin and brittle.
- The hardware store down the road from you isn’t likely to sell the proper detergent to use on your roof to dissolve the dirt and grime without damaging the shingles.
What To Expect During A Professional Roof Cleaning
- The professional roof cleaning service will make sure to protect your landscape from any run-off water from the gutters by pre-soaking them with water. This ensures that the plants are well saturated and won’t absorb any chemicals through the leaf. Once we’re done cleaning your rooftop, you’ll want to give your plants a quick rinse as a second layer of protection.
- We’ll then mix your roofing cleaning solution in a pressure washer. We’ll start with a 50/50 mix for most shingle roofs; this will make sure that the chemical will give you the result you’ll be happy with.
- The professional roof cleaning company will start at the highest point of the roof, working their way from the top to the bottom, applying an even coat of the cleaning solution.
- A roof cleaning service will double-treat problem areas such as where algae haven’t disappeared or turned white witing 5 minutes of coating the roof system. Some types of algae, moss, or mold are more challenging to remove than other varieties, so they may take more passes to remove altogether.
How To Clean Older Roofs
Professionals clean older roofs with a soft wash system. They start with surfactants or detergents. Once applied, they seep into the pores of the home’s roof, working their way along the roof tiles, shingles, and around flashing and other roof materials. These cleansers are gentle but strong, working to dissolve the thick grit, dust, mold, and other residues from your roof.
Professional roof cleaning services use low-pressure rinsing to remove dirt. This pressure is slightly stronger than what’s created by a garden hose with a spray nozzle. It will not loosen or damage older roofing tiles or wash away any granules along the surface. A professional will talk to you if this is the method that should be used on your roof.
Benefits of Cleaning Your Roof
Some of the build-up on your roofs, such as algae and moss, usually grow under the shingles, and you may not even know it’s there. Fungi will slowly push up your shingles, gradually loosening tiles and roofing paper. You may notice shingles start to rise and then start to fall off. A professional roof cleaning service will keep the shingles and tiles in good repair, therefore, extending their life.
Dirty, dingy, damaged roofs are ugly and lower your home’s value. A good thorough roof washing restores the color and brightness of your roof, giving your home an instant facelift. A clean roof also helps you to spot any future problems quickly.
Rain, snow, high winds, and storms constantly wreak havoc on your roof. Regularly washing your roof will clear away any debris such as leaves, twigs, and other objects that may be lurking up there.
Roofs are designed to last between 20 and 25 years. Keeping your roof clean will make it last longer by keeping it clean. It does this by keeping your roof system clear from contamination. Roofs naturally pick up a variety of contaminants which, if they aren’t cleaned off, can quickly damage your roof.
Rooftop cleaning services will also inspect your gutters and remove anything that may be clogging them. Clogged drains can damage your shingles, causing leaks in your walls or roof. It may cause fungi build-up, flood your basement, damage your foundation and damage your landscaping.
Call A Roof Cleaning Service Today
If you’ve noticed that your roof is looking a bit dirty or it’s been years since the last time you had it cleaned, you should call one of our experts today. Don’t be fooled by other companies that charge lower prices; you may save money now, but you’ll end up paying more in the long run.