Tree roots can be a nuisance. They can cause damage to the pipes and foundation of your home, and they will always get in the way when you are trying to water your lawn. At some point you may get fed up with the inconvenience and consider having all the tree roots removed from your property.
If you’re wondering how much tree root removal costs, you’re in luck. We’ve got the answer. On average, Springfield tree root removal costs between $500 and $1,000 per tree. The price will depend on where you live and the kind of tree that needs to be removed. If you have an ash tree (which is susceptible to the Emerald Ash Borer) or a maple tree (which is susceptible to Dutch Elm Disease), for example, your removal will likely be more expensive than if it were just an ordinary pine or oak.
In addition to location, there are also several factors that can affect the cost of removing roots from your yard or garden:
- The depth of the roots – Roots that are deeper in the ground will be harder to remove and will therefore cost more money.
- The size of the tree – If your tree is particularly large, it might require more digging and therefore more labor costs than if it were smaller. Also, if the roots are spread out over a large area, they’ll be harder to remove and could cause damage to nearby property if left unattended for too long!
- The condition of the soil – If there’s a lot of clay or clay-like material in the soil, it will be more difficult to remove tree roots.
- The age and size of the tree – Older trees have more extensive root systems than younger ones.
- The more roots you have to remove, the more expensive your job will be. How much work there is to do – If you’ve got a lot of roots that need to be removed, it’s going to cost more than if you just have a few small ones.
- How deep down they are – Roots that are farther down in the ground take longer and require more digging than those closer to the surface.
Why Should You Remove The Tree Roots?
There are a few reasons for tree root removal in Springfield IL such as:
- Tree Stumps Are Ugly: When you cut down a tree, the stump is going to be ugly. In the best case scenario, it will be a grayish brown color with little dots on it that look like little teeth marks. In the worst case scenario, it will be a gnarled mess of wood with beetle tunnels and holes where the wood has gotten eaten away by bugs and fungi. The only way to get rid of this eyesore is by digging up the stump and grinding it into mulch or using a chipper to shred it into tiny pieces for composting.
- Stumps That Are in the Way: If your tree was blocking something important like a window or an entranceway then you may want to consider removing it entirely—even if you don’t want to keep its stump around as an eyesore! If you have an old tree stump in your yard that is causing problems for other people (like if it keeps falling over) then it should probably go too.
- Yard Aesthetic Projects: If there’s something about your yard that isn’t sitting right with you aesthetically, we can help! Whether it’s removing some invasive roots or leveling out some uneven ground levels for you, we’ve got solutions for whatever
- Curbside Appeal Tree: roots can destroy the look of your property. They damage sidewalks and driveways, leaving unsightly gaps that are difficult to fill in. In addition, they may cause cracks in the foundation of your home, which can lead to leaks or even structural damage. The best way to avoid these problems is by removing the tree roots after cutting down a tree.
- Invasive Roots Tree: roots are invasive by nature–they grow deep into the ground and expand outwards from there, which causes them to spread out over time and take up more space than they really need to thrive. This is why it’s important to remove them when you cut down a tree; otherwise, they’ll continue growing without any regulation or restraint and eventually start causing problems for other plants in the area as well!
- Pesky Critters: There are many different kinds of animals that enjoy hiding out under trees–such as raccoons, squirrels, rabbits and opossums–and if their nests are destroyed during removal then they might move elsewhere instead of finding another place where they can live comfortably (like under another tree nearby).
Why Hire A Professional For Tree Root Removal in Springfield, IL?
There are many reasons to hire a professional for tree root removal. First, the job can be dangerous. If you are not careful, you could damage your home and the foundation. This is because of the fact that roots can grow into cracks in your foundation and cause it to break. Second, it is important to remember that it takes time and money to do this type of work. You will need to hire a professional who has experience with this type of job so that it does not cost you a lot of money or take up too much time.